Dairy Farmers of Ontario (“DFO”) understands the importance of your Personal Information, respects your right to privacy and will ensure your Personal Information is collected, used and disclosed only in the manner in which you have consented.
WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE READ THIS POLICY CAREFULLY IN ORDER TO UNDERSTAND OUR POLICIES AND PRACTICES CONCERNING THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Personal Information refers to any personally identifiable information about you. It does not include aggregate data where the identity of an individual cannot be determined.
Personal Information collected by DFO may include your name, licence number, business name, home address and telephone number(s) or email address which are necessary for you to participate in certain promotions, educational activities, events, contests, or programs required as part of DFO’s licensing and statutory compliance or to receive information about DFO and its products or services. DFO may also collect certain demographic information (such as age, gender, occupation, education, etc.) on an optional basis from time to time.
DFO’s use of Personal Information is limited to the purposes described in this Policy, unless we expressly tell you otherwise. We do not otherwise sell, trade, barter, exchange or disclose for consideration any Personal Information we have obtained from you.
1. DFO may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
Your information may be shared with service providers, academic institutions, agents or contractors of DFO in connection with services that these individuals or entities perform for DFO. These service providers help us operate our business, technology systems and applications, internal procedures, infrastructure and advertising and marketing. They provide services to us such as data hosting, contest administration, email deployment, marketing, and processing, managing or analysis of personal information. DFO’s third party service providers are required to use, maintain and disclose your Personal Information only on DFO’s behalf and in accordance with DFO’s instructions and to limit access to and/or use of Personal Information to what is required to provide their services. Your Personal Information may be collected, used and shared by us and the applicable third party. You should review the privacy policies of any such third parties to understand how they may use or disclose your Personal Information. By providing us with your Personal Information, you agree that DFO may disclose such Information to our marketing partners or other third parties for the purposes described in this Policy. Subject to applicable legal, regulatory compliance requirements and/or contractual restrictions, you may also opt-out of any such communications or withdraw your consent to such disclosure as described in the section Withdrawal of Consent below. DFO will not disclose any of your Personal Information to any other persons, except (i) with your prior consent or (ii) as may be required or permitted such as where DFO is obliged to disclose such information by law, an order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other government tribunal; to protect the rights, privacy safety or property of others; or where the information is in the public domain.
DFO complies with all applicable laws and regulations concerning marketing and advertising to children and requires children under the age of majority to obtain the consent of their parent or legal guardian before providing any personally identifiable information to us.
You may at any time withdraw or change your consent to DFO’s collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information, or request DFO remove it from DFO’s files, (subject to legal, regulatory compliance requirements and/or contractual restrictions). You may, at any time, ask DFO not to send you further marketing materials about our products and services. Also, if you do not wish to receive further invitations to events, or information about contests, or other promotions, you may unsubscribe or contact us as set out in the Contact Information section below and ask that we not contact you for these purposes. You may also notify DFO that you do not wish us to use your Personal Information for any purposes that are not required at any time by contacting DFO in any of the ways described below
DFO will only send email, text or other electronic messages to you if you have some form of business relationship with DFO, or you have asked for or otherwise agreed to receive emails, texts or other electronic messages from DFO. Any electronic message that you receive from DFO will identify DFO as the sender, enable you to contact DFO directly and provide for a means of unsubscribing from further electronic messages.
When you visit DFO’s websites, unless you tell DFO who you are or reveal any other personal information, DFO does not collect or store any information about you. The only information DFO collects and stores is non-personally identifiable information such as the name of your Internet service provider, or computer operating system you are using, the type of the Internet browser you used, the domain name of the website from which you linked to our site and the pages you request. DFO uses this non-personally identifiable information to generate aggregate statistics regarding DFO’s web site activity and to improve your experience on our websites.
DFO retains your Personal Information as long as is required for the purposes identified when you provided the Personal Information and for any new purposes identified and consented to by you. DFO destroys, deletes or converts such information into an anonymous form when it is no longer required.
DFO protects your Personal Information using security systems appropriate to the sensitivity of the information provided to us. In ongoing efforts to safeguard your Personal Information from unauthorized collection, use, loss, misuse, disclosure or modification, DFO has put in place a number of safeguards including contractual, organizational, structural and technological security standards. We also restrict employee access to Personal Information to those who require such access to provide products, services or information. Although we take precautions against possible breaches of our security systems, no company can fully eliminate the risks of unauthorized access to your personal information and no website is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss or breaches of our security systems will never occur.
You have the right to access and review the Personal Information we hold about you. DFO endeavours to ensure that any personally identifiable information provided to us is accurate, current and complete for the purposes for which the information is used. You may review, update or correct any of your Personal Information held in DFO’s files and your consents regarding its use and disclosure at any time by contacting DFO’s Privacy Officer in any of the ways indicated below. If you have any questions or concerns regarding DFO’s policy and procedures, if you wish to change your consent to DFO’s use and disclosure of your information, or if you wish to review, update, correct or have DFO delete your information from files, please contact: Privacy Officer Dairy Farmers of Ontario 6780 Campobello Road Mississauga, Ontario L5N 2L8 Telephone: (905) 821-8970 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org We will not charge you for verifying or correcting your Personal Information and will endeavour to provide the information in question within a reasonable time. If we will not or cannot disclose information, we will provide the individual making the request the reasons for non-disclosure. If we are unable to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada: The Privacy Commissioner of Canada 30 Victoria Street Gatineau, Quebec K1A 1H3
DFO reserves the right, at any time, to modify this Policy at DFO’s sole discretion, and you agree to be bound by any such modifications, which shall be effective immediately DFO upon DFO posting the revised Policy on DFO’s web sites. In some instances, DFO may collect, use and disclose personal information about certain Producers. The purpose for which DFO collects such Personal Information will be identified at or before the time the information is collected and may include:
Dairy Farmers of Ontario (“DFO”) is committed to meeting its current and ongoing obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code respecting non-discrimination. DFO understands that obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and its accessibility standards do not substitute or limit its obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code or obligations to people with disabilities under any other law, and is committed to complying with both the Ontario Human Rights Code and the AODA. We are dedicated to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities. Our policy is based on the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equal opportunity for our customers.
People with disabilities may use their personal assistive devices when accessing our goods, services or facilities. In cases where the assistive device presents a significant and unavoidable health or safety concern or may not be permitted for other reasons, other measures will be used to ensure the person with a disability can access our goods, services or facilities. We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods, services or facilities. (i.e. wheelchair lift, accessible entrance door, accessible washrooms on the ground floor).
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability and will work with them to determine what method of communication works for them.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Dairy Farmers of Ontario will provide training to all employees who deal with the public. Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
DFO's training plan includes:
DFO welcomes feedback on how we provide accessible customer service. Customer feedback will help us identify barriers and respond to concerns. DFO will ensure our feedback process is accessible to people with disabilities by providing or arranging for accessible formats and communication supports, on request. Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way DFO provides goods, services and facilities to people with disabilities can be addressed to the Human Resources office in writing or by e-mail, in person, or telephone. All comments will be reviewed by the Human Resources office staff and customers can expect to hear back within 14 days. Complaints will be addressed according to our organization’s Accessibility Standards policy and procedures.
As a marketing board constituted under the Milk Act, DFO, through regulation, has information filing requirements. DFO collects, uses, discloses and retains this information in order to regulate the production and marketing of milk in accordance with its regulations, policies, orders, directions and decisions. DFO may collect such information directly from producers or from others involved in the production and marketing of milk. In carrying out these regulatory functions, DFO, as a not-for-profit body representing the interests of producers of milk, is not in its own right engaged in commercial activity. Information arising from DFO’s exercise of these regulatory authorities is not believed to be subject to the PIPEDA. In those limited circumstances where DFO is engaged in commercial activity, it is subject to the PIPEDA and all of that Act’s provisions apply with respect to personal information collected, used, disclosed or retained as part of that commercial activity.
1. The content of the pages of this Site is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice to you. You should look at the Terms regularly. Changes will not apply retroactively.
2. You may only use the Site in accordance with these Terms. In particular, without limitation, you may not use this Site:
3. This Site contains material which is owned or licensed by us. This material includes, but is not limited to, content as well as the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics of the Site. Reproduction or redistribution of any materials or content is prohibited other than for the purpose of downloading or copying of our teacher documents/Site materials for educational purposes and provided that credit is provided to Dairy Farmers of Ontario.
4. Using our Site does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our services or in the materials or content you access. You may not use the services, materials or content from our Site unless you obtain prior written permission from us. Furthermore, these Terms do not give you the right to use any branding or logos used in our materials or content. You also do not have the right to remove, obscure or alter any legal notices displayed on our Site or displayed in or along with our materials or content.
5. Do not misuse our Site. For example, do not interfere with our Site or try to access the Site or its materials or content using a method other than the interface and the instructions that we provide.
6. You may not create a link to this Site from another website or document without our prior written consent.
7. From time to time, this Site may also include links to other websites or mobile applications or other channels. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s) or mobile application(s) or other channels. We have no responsibility for the material or content of the linked website(s).
8. May need to open an account or register with us to access certain services, content or materials on our Site. If so, you agree to (i) provide accurate, current and complete information about you, (ii) maintain the security of your password(s) and identification, (iii) maintain and promptly update your account or registration information and any other information you provide to us, and to keep it accurate and complete to, among other things, allow us to contact you, (iv) be fully responsible for all use of your account or registration and for any actions that take place using your account or registration, and (v) receive occasional program specific emails to facilitate technical support, program specific reminders and evaluations, and program updating processes. It is your responsibility to ensure that we have up-to-date contact information for you. You may not set up an account or registration on behalf of another individual or entity unless you are authorized to do so.
9. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY THE APPLICABLE LAW, DAIRY FARMERS OF ONTARIO OFFERS THE SITE, SERVICES, CONTENT, MATERIALS AND INFORMATION “AS IS” AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE SITE, SERVICES, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR INFORMATION, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. DAIRY FARMERS OF ONTARIO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OR CONTENT ON THE SITE OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT OUR SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. DAIRY FARMERS OF ONTARIO DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING USE OR THE RESULT OF USE OF THE INFORMATION, CONTENT OR MATERIALS IN TERMS OF ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
10. TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW AND THEN ONLY TO THAT EXTENT, IN NO EVENT WILL DAIRY FARMERS OF ONTARIO, ITS EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AFFILIATES OR AGENTS (THE “DFO PARTIES”) BE LIABLE TO YOU ON ANY LEGAL THEORY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE OR INCOME, LOST PROFITS, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, COST OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR SIMILAR DAMAGES SUFFERED OR INCURRED BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY THAT ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR SERVICES (OR TERMINATION THEREFOR FOR ANY REASON), EVEN IF THE DFO PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE DFO PARTIES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE WHATSOEVER IN ANY MANNER FOR ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION OR MATERIALS POSTED ON THE SITE OR SERVICES (INCLUDING CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT RELATING TO CONTENT, MATERIALS OR INFORMATION POSTED ON THE SITE OR SERVICES), FOR YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES OR FOR THE CONDUCT OF THIRD PARTIES WHETHER ON THE SITE, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES OR OTHERWISE RELATING TO THE SITE OR SERVICES.
11. You agree to hold DFO Parties (as defined above) from and against any and all loss, expense, damages, and costs, including without limitation, reasonable legal fees, resulting, whether directly or indirectly, from your violation of the Terms. Your warranties and indemnification obligations shall survive any termination for two years.
12. Your right to access and use the Site or services terminates automatically upon your breach of any of these Terms. We may, at any time, (i) modify, suspend or terminate the operation of or access to the Site or services, or any portion of the Site or services, for any reason, (ii) modify or change the Site or services or any portion of the Site or services and these terms or other policies governing the use of the Site or services, for any reason, or (iii) interrupt the operation of the Site or services, or any portion of the Site or services for any reason, all as we deem appropriate in our sole discretion. Your access to, and use of, the Site or services may be terminated by you or by us at any time and for any reason. The disclaimer of warranties, the limitation of liability and the jurisdiction and applicable law provisions will survive any termination.
13. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of this Site, including any services, materials, content or information, and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this Site or services. If a provision of these Terms is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions of the Terms will continue to apply.
14. These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario and any disputes relating to these Terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario.
Google Analytics _ga _gid _gat _utma _utmb _utmc _utmt _utmz
These cookies enable us to store information such as the time you visit our Website, whether you have visited before and the website that you visited prior to visiting our Website. For more information about Google Analytics pleasesee here
How long a Google Analytics cookie remains on your computer or device depends on what it is and what it is used for. Some Google Analytics cookies expire at the end of your browser session, whilst others can remain for up to two years. You can delete Google Analytics cookies and other cookies at any time by clearing your browser cache.See “Can you block cookies?” below for guidance on how to these block cookies in your browser.
Our Website uses ShareThisSocial Plugins to let you share content from our Website that you likewith your friends.You can read more about this cookie: here
These cookies have a 1 yearexpiration.See “Can you block cookies?” below for guidance on how to block these cookies in your browser.
YouTube APISID HSID LOGIN_INFO PREF SAPISID SID SIDCC SSID VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE YSC
YouTube is used by the website to store and show video content. These cookies are set by YouTube to track usage of its services.
These cookies have various expirationsupto 2 yearsfrom the date of visit. See “Can you block cookies?” below for guidance on how to block these cookies in your browser.
Milk.org ASP.NET_SessionId CMSCsrfCookie CMSPreferredCulture
These cookies are used by Dairy Farmers of Ontario to manage the security and consistency of your visit.
Session –cookies expire as soon as you navigate away from the page.These cookis are essential and should not be blocked.
Get exclusive news, delicious recipes, promotions and
exciting events in our newsletter.
Please enter a valid email address
By providing your email, you consent to receive electronic messages from Dairy Farmers of Ontario containing information, newsletters, recipes, and other offers and promotions. You may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email we send to you or by contacting us.
Please make a selection
We’ll be sending you a confirmation email shortly.